Monday, June 23, 2014

Visit Napa Valley: Gott's Roadside, Buster's Southern BBQ & Scoops and Swirls + Sterling Vineyards, Tamber Bey & Castello de Amorosa

The highlight of the trip definitely had to be Napa Valley. It is such a beautiful, quiet and laid back, old town that I could envision myself living there when I am old, retired and wish to get drunk all day.

 
A smart drinker knows that drinking without food is a no-no so the first stop we made upon arriving in town was to Gott's Roadside. Although the name suggests it some sort of truck pitstop, it is here that I had the best, freshest and most delicious tacos, EVER! The avocado was perfection. I could eat those Ahi Poke Crispy Tacos everyday for the rest of my life.

 
The Garlic fries were off the chain too.
 

 
My fiancé had a Cheeseburger. He said it was nothing special, but noted that the meat was fresh, quality.

 
With out stomach's full, we were ready to drink!!! Quite frankly, Napa has endless wineries but with limited time (only one day), I decided three should be the max since we had a flight the next day.

 
The first winery on the list was Sterling Vineyards. In my past experience, I don't enjoy their wine, but since they had the gondolas and I always wanted to go on one, that was excuse enough to visit them.

 
After taking the ride up on the gondola, we sampled wine and I was able to find a couple I enjoyed so coming to their winery was actually beneficial, because it changed my opinion about Sterling.

 
After Sterling, I felt that a visit to a small winery would be more suitable so we went to Tamber Bey, for the small, family aspect and the horses.
 
 
As far as tastings go, it was extraordinary. It was a personalized experience, with a very friendly and witty girl with full knowledge of tasting and wine. Tamber Bey is a great place to visit for a beginner or someone really wanting to learn about wine.

 
Last but not least, we headed to Castello de Amorosa. This visit was all about the castle.

 
There were some good wines here as well. With entry, you get 5 tasting, so as a couple we choose 10 different things so that we could try as many as possible. Our pourer here was also great and very willing to provide a great deal of information.
 
 
Hours of drinking led to hunger so afterwards we headed to Buster's Southern BBQ for some well, BBQ. We got the works; ribs, pulled pork, tri-tip, mac and cheese, coleslaw and cornbread. The corn was moist and very good but way too sweet and the food as a whole was pretty cold.
 
 
After dinner, we headed into downtown where we found an ice cream shop called Scoops and Swirls and I was able to get my usual Vanilla soft serve with Sprinkles.


 
Gott's Roadside on Urbanspoon
Buster's Southern BBQ & Bakery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment