Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Talavera Cocina Mexicana Restaurant - Coral Gables, FL

A Mexican meal should not commence without some tequila so first things first I started with a Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita that was simply exquisite.
 

My fiancé kept things simple and for his meal had the Tacos de Carnitas. It may have been simple, but they were really really good.
 

I went more traditional and had the Mole Coloradito from Oaxaca. The meat was so tender! The sauce was savory with a hint of cinnamon for slight sweetness. It was delicious!!
 

Then came dessert and I had the best flan I have ever had in my life. I don't eat flan, so that statement doesn't mean much, but it renewed my faith in a dessert I typically pass on and once thought that I didn't like.
 

Mexican food is everywhere so it's sometimes hard to find places that are really worth it and this place is worth it.
 
 
Talavera Cocina Mexicana Restaurant
2299 Ponce De Leon Blvd, Coral Gables, FL 33134
(305) 444-2955
Talavera on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment