Friday, June 20, 2014

The Federal Food, Drink & Provisions - Design District - Miami, FL

Off the beaten path, but I headed there for the Bottomless Happy Hour figuring if all else fails, at least I got some booze. My beverage of choice for the night, Rosé.
 

The also had beers, other wines and a Frozen Blackberry Bellini that was quite good in the bottomless options.
 

We were only really there for drinking and no so much for food, so we started out easy with the Cajun-Spiced Popcorn. I mean it's popcorn, but it has a nice spice if anything could be said about it.
 

The we had some delicious Buffalo Style Pig Wings. This was by far the best and only really good thing we has that night.
 

After that, we decided to try the Texas BBQ Brisket Sliders. Even with the egg on top, it was still only okay, more effort could have been made with these.
 

As the night progress we were HUNGRY and ended up also ordering the Smoked Fish Dip. It needed more spice and flavor and I regretted not ordering the recommended Jar-O-Duck instead (but my friend doesn't eat duck).
 

I had heard about this place before so I was surprised that it didn't live up to expectations, but maybe it was the fact that I ate off their happy hour menu and not the main menu, but regardless, a good restaurant would not skimp on the happy hour offerings.
 
Service was great, the drinks were flowing, and it was a nice atmosphere, but the food was kind of disappointing.
 
 
The Federal Food, Drink & Provisions
5132 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33137
(305) 758-9559
The Federal Food, Drink & Provisions on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment