Saturday, June 21, 2014

Soyka Restaurant Bar & Lounge - Little Haiti - Miami, FL

Live music and a chill, laid back and cozy atmosphere is what drew me into Soyka.
 
It was a very late dinner and I was starving so it was right down to business; meaning no cocktails, no appetizers. I decided to go with one of the specials for the night, Tilapia Stuffed with Blue Crab. The idea of Tilapia turned me off, but I figured if it was stuffed with crab, it wouldn't be so bad. When the dish arrive it was crab (which was tasty) with a piece of bland tilapia on top. It had potential (was cooked right), but was disappointing due to lack of flavor.
 

My fiancé on the other hand, really enjoyed his Steak meal. He loved his. 
 

Dessert, an Almond Apple Tartlet was good as well. I wish it was warmer, but the crumble on top was great. The ice cream was creamy!
 

Overall it was a great experience, I think I just picked the wrong dish so I am definitely interested in coming back, trying something different, and dining to soothing live music.
 
 
Soyka Restaurant Bar & Lounge
5556 NE 4th Ct, Miami, FL 33137
(305) 759-3117
Soyka on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment