Thursday, September 4, 2014

SUSHISAMBA - Coral Gables, FL

 
Sushisamba has been a long time coming experience. I've known about then for a long time, even made reservation one time (ended not showing up). In any case, I finally made it and there was no better way to experience it than during Miami Spice where I could get a sampling of menu items.
 

My fiancé met up with me for lunch so we were able to share. Our first appetizer was the Shrimp Seviche. It was not exactly what I would call ceviche, but was very good and tropical tasting.
 

Our other appetizer was the Sea Bass Dumplings. It has a summery feel to it, but I found the pasta to be a bit thick and gummy.
 

For my entrée I had the Steamed Clams. The sauce was the bomb and the pork belly was off the chain.
 

My fiancé has the Soy Braised Short Rib. It had the potential to be good, but failed to be completely satisfying because it was cold.
 

For dessert I had the Chocolate Banana Cake. The cake was good, moist, but the rum sauce was everything.
 

My fiancé had a selection of their ice creams (coconut and chocolate). He loved it.
 

Overall Sushisamba was a good experience and I am willing to come back and next time try their sushi offerings.
 
 
SUSHISAMBA
180 Aragon Ave, Coral Gables, FL 33134
(305) 448-4990
Sushisamba on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment