Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Visit New Orleans: The Big Easy (Day 4)

I am sad to go, but our final day in New Orleans had finally arrived. Without really wanting to leave, we packed our bags and got ready to head back to Florida.


Before heading to the airport, we decided to head to the original Cafe Du Monde (on Decatur St) for breakfast since we hadn't gotten a chance to experience it. 



We again had the delicious beignets! 



And I got to try the Frozen Cafe Au Lait since it was a bit warmer that morning. It was way better than the hot one! No matter the weather, I will always go for the frozen one. It is way better!



Since it is the original location and in the French Quarter, this location was a lot more packed and service seemed less personal and rushed so I didn't enjoy the experience as much. 


Sad to leave, we made our way back to the hotel to grab our bags and catch a cab to the airport.

At the airport, we waved our final farewell to my new love, New Orleans!


Before our final stop, Fort Lauderdale, we had a layover in Dallas again. Like on the way there, we were hungry so we stopped to eat something at Blue Mesa Taco & Tequila Bar. 



They had a 2 for $20 which isn't really much of a deal, more like $1 off but we both wanted burritos so we
took advantage of it anyway.

The chips and salsa were good for what it was! We ordered the Desert Fire Salsa (Hot) and surprisingly it was really as spicy as advertised. It was almost too spicy, but I'm a G, I can handle it!



My boyfriend had the Steak Relleno Burrito which for airport food was pretty good. 



I was also surprised by my Chicken Club Burrito. It was full of ingredients, no stinginess there. I enjoyed it! 



Although we ate food, Blue Mesa is more a bar type setting but it was good to know that the food was just as good as the drinks (assuming the drinks are good).


That was the end of my trip. Back on the plane to home sweet home!








Cafe Du Monde
813 Decatur St New Orleans, LA 70116
(504) 581-2914
www.cafedumonde.com


Café Du Monde on Urbanspoon



Blue Mesa Taco & Tequila Bar
Terminal D, Dallas Airport Dallas, TX 74235
(972) 973-4310
www.dfwairport.com



Blue Mesa Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment