Saturday, February 9, 2013

Slices Pizza & Pasta - North Miami, FL


Slices Pizza & Pasta bills itself as a rodizio — an all-you-can-eat style of restaurant. The genius of the concept is that although buffet style, the food is served to you at the table. I was very intrigued by the concept especially when it came to this style food (I was aware of Brazilian Rodizio) and wanted to check it out. 


After being seated and explained the process, we were asked questions about what we liked and didn't like so they could gage the type of things we would be interested in. In the end it really didn't matter, they just brought us whatever they had anyways. 


The food march began right away. Pizzas, pastas, pizzas, pastas. 


Overall, the food was not bad, but the initial items we ate you could tell were sitting around for awhile and although the food good hotter, warmer and better as the meal progressed, it was still nothing to rave about. Not good, not bad, just average.  


The girls that worked there were really sweet, but the concept sort of ruined the experience. It really affects the mood of your meal when you constantly have to stop eating to say yes I would like to try that or end up waiting because you didn't want to try something. Another problem I found was that food comes at you quickly. Without time to digest what you have just eaten, you are being offered something else. 


Towards the end of our meal, we were each given a slice of lasagna. This was by far the best thing we had all night. It was however still average and extremely greasy so that doesn't say very much. 


They give you a green/red card so that you could signify the beginning and end of your meal. We didn't use at any time during the meal so it was funny when dessert was brought out without us signaling that. 


Not saying I wasn't already stuffed but I don't think it was right they make the decision to end the meal. Dessert was a pizza, it wasn't very good. 


Buffets aren't really for me and it seems rodizio isn't either. I would have rather ordered a pizza and pasta from a place I really like and just served myself.





Slices Pizza & Pasta
13750 Biscayne Blvd Miami, FL 33181
(305) 949-5588
www.allyoucaneatpizzapasta.com

Slices Pizza & Pasta on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I've always admire thin pizzas, I'll certainly visit this place. Has anyone been to Torino's Pizza Oviedo? I got this link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/115753762@N04/12190752743/ from the internet. Their pizzas are really great. Anyways, I will be wandering around Miami soon, hoped to find this pizza place along the tour. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete