Monday, February 18, 2013

Destination Grand Lux Cafe: Mojito, Asian Nachos & Cajun Chicken Jambalaya



Mojito
Cruzan Rum, Fresh Mint and Lime Over Ice.


I found this Mojito to be a little weak. It was the drink special for the day, so I am not sure if it was from a pre-made batch instead of being freshly made. I was a bit surprised considering their drinks are usually very good. 


Asian Nachos
Crispy Fried Wontons Covered with Chicken in a Sweet-Hot Peanut Sauce. Topped with Wasabi Cream and Melted Cheese.


I would probably say, if forced to pick, that Thai is my favorite kind of food. So, these nachos are an addiction for me. It is more sweet than spicy but I could eat this all day long. The only thing is, it is so rich that even though you want to keep on eating, you will be forced to stop.


Lunch Cajun Chicken Jambalaya
Sauteed with Peppers, Onions and Tasso in a Delicious Spicy Sauce. Served with White Rice.


The chicken was tender and well seasoned. The rice was hot and fluffy. The sauce they said would be spicy, but I would say not so much. Overall it wasn't bad, but I wish it would have been spicier, still I would eat it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment