Thursday, February 7, 2013

Cafeina Wynwood Lounge - Miami, FL

Cafeina Lounge, at its core, is a venue known for its private events and nightly live performances. My question was as amazing as it is at night, would lunch be as amazing as well? To test my theory, I headed there for lunch. I didn't expect the restaurant to be packed but I didn't expect it to be empty either. There was only one other party and they were seated in the outdoor garden, so we choose to dine indoors, especially considering, this is Florida, in the middle of the day and the temperature wasn't cool enough for me to dine outside.

It was a very unique experience dining inside the restaurant, since it also doubles as an art gallery and we had it all to ourselves. It was nice to dine and look around at all the various artworks on the wall. Concept wise, it was really cool.


Our server was nice but not friendly. He was however a pleasure to have, since he was very attentive and offered assistance in our menu selections and making sure we had everything we needed. I'm not sure if he smiled, but he was good at his job. 

For lunch, they offer a few drink specials, so I ended up getting a glass of Tinto de Verano. It was light and refreshing!


We started off the meal with the Ahi Tuna Mini Tacos. I would describe it as a cold ginger soy ceviche on top of a crispy tostada. It wasn't what I would call a taco or what I was expecting it to be, but it was fresh and nice light starter to our meal.


My friend ordered the Cafeina 8oz Burger. Despite everything on the menu being tapas size, it was a fairly big burger. It was very good and the beef was nicely cooked. Based on the menu, I had thought the meal came with a choice of fries or mixed greens but we recieved neither. I had forgotten to ask and didn't want to make a fuss, so I left it alone.


I ordered the Jibarito Sliders. This was a somewhat unique dish, at least to me. Instead of the typical bun, it was sandwiched between two tostones (fried green plantains). That added so much to the taste of the dish that a piece of bread counldn't. The pork in the middle was tender and well seasoned. I really enjoyed this dish, it was truly amazing.


Since we had assumed the meals came with a side, we had only ordered the Goat Cheese Croquettes so I could try them. I know the are suppose to be tapas size, but it was only 3 little miniature ball. I was expecting to get a little more than. In any case, they were hot and tasted very good.
For desert, we had the Fried Ice Cream. It was crusted with flakes and sat in melted chocolate, mmm mmm good! It was delicious, it was just also an extremely small portion.


The food here was exquisite, the gallery was beautiful, and the service was respectable. it was a unique dining experience I enjoyed. 

Also while your in the area, be sure to walk around and check out some of the amazing street art.


Cafeina Wynwood Lounge
297 NW 23rd St MiamiFL 33127
(305) 438-0792

Cafeina Wynwood Lounge on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment