Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Lucky Jean Seafood - New Orleans East, LA


Lucky Jean Seafood is ran by a group of happy, energetic, fun and friendly people. Their energy lights up the place, but the restaurant itself lacks any charm. There are tables to dine in the restaurant, but the walls are barren and the colors are drab; I would just recommend getting your food to go.

I was lured to the place by the sign outside stating that they sold seafood by the pound and the constant flow of traffic didn't hurt either. Well, when I entered and saw the large container of Crawfish on the counter, I was super excited. Once I got that first crawfish in my mouth, it further increased my excitement. It was really good. Great flavor and spicy!


I ordered a plate of their General T'So Shrimp with Shrimp Fried Rice. The Shrimp was over breaded (like most Chinese places) and very saucy. The flavoring wasn't bad on the shrimp. What killed it for me was the rice. It wasn't that great and although it was edible, I wasn't in love with it.


I really wanted some Chicken Wings, so I ordered them on the side. I really enjoyed them. The were tender, crunchy but not over battered and beautifully flavored.


I notice a few people were picking up these cakes on the counter. I grab one for myself and saw that it was called Gooey Cake. I had never heard of it before, but it was soooo good. I went back to Lucky Jean's a few times after this and every time, I had to pick one up.


The food here was fresh and on the most part tasted good. I think that there main focus is the seafood and what I have tasted was good, but the Chinese food they serve leaves something to be desired.



Lucky Jean Seafood
6721 Chef Menteur Hwy New Orleans, LA 70126
(504) 245-7842

facebook.com/pages/Lucky-Jean-Seafood
Lucky Jean Seafood on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Place is gross. You want good seafood in NOLA East? Go to Castnet Seafood on Haynes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try and check out Castnet Seafood on Haynes!

    ReplyDelete