Friday, May 2, 2014

Mario's Catalina Restaurant - Fort Lauderdale, FL

The parking lot was pack, then the restaurant was packed and so there was a little bit of a wait for a table, but once the food started coming, all was forgotten (not really, but I'll get back to that).


Unlike the traditional bread given at almost every other restaurant, they start you off with Plantain Chips topped with a pico de gallo of sorts. This was definitely the right choice and a great start to the meal.


Then came their famous Mojito that restored my faith in a drink that I used to love but slowly began to feel like no longer existed, just cheap imitations. Made with super fresh ingredient and real sugar, it exceed probably any Mojito I ever had and that includes even in Puerto Rico.


From there I was excited for my meal. I had Mario's Favorite which consisted oRed Snapper fillet breaded in green plantains with lobster sauce & jumbo shrimp, Pulled Pork and was delicious, delightful and downright good!


My fiance had the Grilled Skirt Steak w/Lobster & Garlic Shrimp and loved it.


Despite being full, I couldn't miss dessert and after choosing from what seemed like 50 choices, we choose the Cuarto Leches, which was truly a delectable dessert. A lot of leches are very soggy, but what sold me on this one was that is wasn't and it held the consistency of the cake.


But, back to what I was saying before. Although the food is very good, the service is not. The owner moves about very frantically and then the servers seem lost and confused in it all. Service was slow, out of place and at times downright horrible. That kind of mismanagement can kill an experience regardless of how great the food was.


Mario's Catalina Restaurant
1611 N Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33305
(954) 563-4141
www.catalinarestaurant.net
Mario's Catalina Restaurant on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing valuable information. Nice post. I am very impressed to read this post. The whole blog is very nice I found some information here Thanks..Also visit my site Fort Lauderdale Local Home Moving Companies Forward Van Lines is a family owned moving company.











    ReplyDelete