Wednesday, May 21, 2014

KONE Temaki Sake Lounge - Miami Beach (South Beach), FL


Is it Japanese? Brazilian? I don't know, but I am going to drink this Lychee Sakirinha and enjoy the experience. No matter what country it may be from, a drink is a good one when it is made with real Lychee, Sake and Sugar, and in this Miami heat is quite refreshing.


I have drove past this restaurant a million times (being that it is right off 5th) but never had any interest to dine here. Not sure why I ended up here, but in any case I did, and although they describe themselves as sushi with a Brazilian twist, let's be honest, it is your pretty standard sushi options. Case in point, the Magma Roll (Salmon, Chili Sauce & Powder, Scallions topped with Tuna and Spicy Mayo). 


Then there was the Protein Roll. Their version fell completely flat. It was in dire need of something more and looked so sad on the plate.


Of course, I cannot remember the name of my favorite of the night, but I did like the adventurous taste and unique quality.


While Kone offers an calming, sleek and intimate atmosphere for dining, service was unremarkable and it is a bit pricey (for what you are getting), but then again that's Miami for you!


KONE Temaki Sake Lounge
232 5th St, Miami Beach, FL 33139
(305) 397-8770
Kone Sushi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment