Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Don Carlin Cuban Restaurant - Sunrise, FL


I have been on quite a few dates with a few different Cubans; some good and some bad. Most of the good ones seem to be far away and long distance relationships are hard to maintain so when I met Don Carlin who was not only amazing but right in my hood, I fell in love.

On our first date, I had the Pork Chops with Sweet Plantains and Black Bean and Rice. It was "muy bueno y delicioso", tender and quite flavorful considering Cuban food can sometimes be a bit bland. I ended that date feeling giddy and eager for Don Carlin to call me for a second date.



Only a few days past before I had to set up a second date. Although the first date was a great introduction, I wanted to try something a little different and had the Palomilla Steak with Tostones instead. Although Palomilla is a cheaper and tougher cut, this was not that, this was good. My sweet plantains from the first date were really good, but then I had the Tostones with garlic that were even better and in a league of their own.




I have no doubt in my mind that there is going to be a third date, fourth and a fifth, but hopefully there is a lifetime of dates; I am looking forward to it.



Don Carlin Cuban Restaurant

11447 W Oakland Park Blvd, Sunrise, FL 33323
(954) 578-1464
www.doncarlincubanrestaurant.com
Don Carlin Cuban Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment