Monday, April 28, 2014

Joey's Italian Cafe - Wynwood/Edgewater - Miami, FL

Oh, how I love Wnywood! The art, the hipsters, the hidden gems! Which translate to, not the friendliest service but a very cool looking restaurant while dining in Wynwood.


Boasting to have the best pizza in Miami, Joey's was a definite to check out. The Diavola crust was crispy, and it was pretty good, but self-proclaiming yourself as the best sets yourself up to scrutiny and for that I wasn't very impressed.



At the servers recommendation, I decided to try their one of their special dishes which was a combination of two pastas. I found the pasta to be way more impressive than the pizza was. It was the best of two dishes rolled into one amazing meal.


Finishing off I had a Pear Tart for dessert. I don't  even like pears and I found it to be pretty good.


The gelato was decent but I would come here for that. The Pistachio gelato was flavored rather than being made with actual pistachios.


Don't think I didn't leave without a cocktail. I ordered a Juanito (Vodka, Malibu Rum, Mango Pure Cranberry Juice topped with Chambord) and while it was refreshing, it tasted almost virgin.


I would definitely go back to Joey's for that pasta but not much else!


Joey's Italian Cafe
2506 NW 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33127
(305) 438-0488
www.joeyswynwood.com
Joey's Italian Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment