Thursday, November 1, 2012

Asia Bay Sushi Bar & Thai Restaurant - Fort Lauderdale, FL


After ordering takeout at the Asia Bay location in Bay Harbor (Miami) a few months ago and really enjoying it, I made it a point to have a sit down dinner at the Fort Lauderdale location that is closer to where I live. Excited to try more of their mouthwatering sushi, I headed to Las Olas Blvd for dinner.
 
 
I was very surprised by how beautiful the Fort Lauderdale location was. I think that this location is much better than the Miami one and I loved the trendy, modern decor with the indoor sushi bar and the option for outdoor dining. It was a nice evening so we opted to dine outside, next to water which isn’t beachfront but a nice ambiance nonetheless.
 
 
We were seated right away and I was happy with our server who was professional yet friendly and personable. He really was a nice guy. All that aside, I obviously came here for the quality, fresh food. I know I should probably try the Thai side of the menu but I am a glutton for sushi and it was so good the last time I can’t help myself.

I obviously had to start off the meal with their famous Spicy Tuna Rock appetizer. It is comprised of tuna, avocado, scallions and masago, mixed with spicy mayo on top of white rice, brown rice or wakame. I opted for the white rice. It definitely lived up to the hype and more than exceeded my expectations. It was truly an amazingly delicious dish and a must try!

 
In addition to our appetizer, we ordered 3 rolls. The first one we ordered was the Caliente Roll made of fried snapper, avocado, cucumber, masago and sesame seeds. It was fresh and had good flavor.
 

The second roll was the Katsu Roll which is a little bit different and is made of deep fried chicken, avocado, asparagus, scallions, masago, and seeds. Again it was fresh and an interesting concept but was probably my least favorite of the three. I guess chicken in sushi just doesn’t do it for me.
 

The final roll was the Crunchy Shrimp Roll. It is similar to the Mexican Roll but is made of chopped shrimp tempura, avocado, scallions, masago mixed with wasabi mayo. This was by far my favorite. It was extremely palatable, nicely spiced and again very fresh.
 
 
Great service, fresh and delicious food, amazing ambiance, along with moderate prices; need I say more?

 

Asia Bay Sushi Bar & Thai Restaurant
1111 East Las Olas Boulevard Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
(954) 848-9900

www.asiabayrestaurants.com

Asia Bay on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment