Friday, November 16, 2012

Pinche Taqueria - Wilton Manors, FL


As a spawn of the New York restaurant chain, a location in the Wilton Manors neighborhood and it being a Mexican joint, I was expecting good food and fun times. However, that was not the case. When we arrived, the place was relatively empty (it was a Wednesday at 6pm) and by the end of the meal, no one else had arrived. Who cares right? I usually don't, but the service had to go and suck too. I swear the waiter never smiled and not only did he seem to not like his job, he seemed depressed about it. Also, when a customer is asking a question about menu selections, it probably isn’t a good idea to just look at them like they are crazy or speaking another language. I can usually overlook bad service because I am all about the food, but the food didn't fare well either. At least we were given free chips and salsa, because what we actually paid for wasn't that great.

 
As an appetizer, we ordered the Shrimp Quesadillas. We had actually wanted something else, but were told it wasn't ready yet so that is why we ended up with the Shrimp Quesadilla. It sure looked like a quesadilla but tasted like a huge disappointment. I have had better quesadillas at Taco Bell than these. Hated it!!!

 
My friend ordered the Steak Burrito as her entree. Even from just looking at it, it didn't look that great. It didn't taste much better.

 
My order, the Arrachera Steak was the savior of the day. The meat was tender and had good flavor. It was really, really good and surprisingly so since everything else we ate was subpar. Based on the name, I thought it was going to be just steak but it was more like a fajita meal. The steak was great however, I didn't really like the refried beans (they were bland) and the rice was overcooked and crunchy. Some people intentionally make rice like that and love but I don't and I am not sure how intentional it was.


You can’t go Mexican without having some drinks, so in addition to our food, we ordered a Margarita and a Long Island. The drinks were decent, not great but definitely not bad. Good for the price point.


I actually liked the decor and feel of the place. It had the typical cantina feel but the design was a bit more subtle. I really liked the open air design and bar feel but bad service and mediocre food just aren’t made up for by a cool looking restaurant.



Pinche Taqueria
2045 Wilton Drive Wilton Manors, FL 33305
(954) 990-6282

www.pinchetaqueria.us

Pinche Taqueria on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment