Thursday, November 29, 2012

Sushi House - Aventura/North Miami Beach, FL


The thing I like most about Sushi House is the ambiance. The restaurant is located in a strip mall and although they have outdoor seating, which may be nice on a cool night, there isn't much of a view besides cars. The beauty of the restaurant is inside. Some may come in and just see white, but for me I enter into a realm of sleek, sexy and mellow. The blue lighting, crystal chandeliers, and drapes of sheer fabric set the mood. In addition to the several tables throughout the restaurant, there are also plush booths that offer a bit of privacy which makes this a great place to have an intimate dinner. The vibe is also reflected in the service. Everyone remains professional but exude chic and sophistication.




The sushi here isn't extra-ordinary, but is still very good. The Cubbie Comfort Roll is a good option, made of spicy tuna, soft shell crab, cilantro, and jalapeƱo pepper topped with shrimp & eel tempura, spicy mayonnaise, teriyaki and sweet wasabi sauce. It is good but the Pink Dragon comprised of shrimp tempura topped with a mixture of baked kani kama, masago, scallions and finished with a spicy sweet sauce is even better. There are also other good sushi options on the menu.



On my last visit, I decide to try the Crispy Honey Shrimp. I didn't like it. I enjoyed the tropical fruit chutney, but the sauce was way too sweet and the shrimp batter was more crunch than crisp.




The Pad Thai which I added Chicken to was pretty average but was by no means bad. I asked for it to be really spicy and they completed my request so I was happy for that.




I am usually all about the food so that is usually the main reason for me loving a particular restaurant, but the vibe here is so me that even though the food does not equal five stars, I just love it anyways!







Sushi House
15911 Biscayne Boulevard  Aventura, FL 33160 
(305) 947-6002
www.sushihousenmb.com



Sushi House - Asian Fusion on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment