Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Outback Steakhouse - Davie, FL (Locations Nationwide)

 
Whenever I go to a restaurant and look at the menu I am not automatically drawn to the steak. My taste for steak has been a recent revelation and I only like it in moderation or masked in dishes like tacos. So, with all that said, I have never been to Outback Steakhouse.

Being my first experience, I was surprised to learn that they have just recently started opening for lunch on the weekends, which I thought was weird for a chain restaurant. So since I went for lunch and this is a new offering, it wasn't very packed. Our server was pretty standard, but he did his best to be tentative. The manager came out to greet us, so I appreciate the fact that they were trying to provide quality service. The decor didn't reflect that though, the restaurant had more of a diner feel.


They start you off with wheat bread. It's pretty similar to the one served at Cheesecake Factory. Although it was pretty good, Cheesecake Factory is a lot better to me. But I liked that it was served on a board better than the typical bread basket.


As I said, I'm not into steaks so I went with the Bacon Cheese Burger. I didn't like it. It was overcooked and the bun was a little dry. The bacon was nice and crispy; I could eat that alone all day. The fries were alright.


My boyfriend got the Outback Special (6 oz) Steak with a loaded baked potato. He liked his food especially for the price and thought the steak was really good.


It was overall a pretty good first experience but since I'm not a steak person, without someone else wanting to go, I probably won't, but I'm assuming if want pretty good steak at a great price, this is a good place to come.


Outback Steakhouse
14830 Griffin Road Davie, FL 33331
(954) 430-2223

www.outback.com

Outback Steakhouse on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment