Monday, October 29, 2012

The Lost & Found Saloon Restaurant - Midtown/Wynwood Miami, FL


 
The Lost & Found Saloon truly has something for everyone. Not only is the restaurant vegan and vegetarian friendly, but also suitable for meat lovers too. Anything you ever hoped a saloon to be, this place is. The staff is very friendly, the atmosphere is very laid back, they have horses everywhere and they even have western movies playing on the TVs. If you ever wanted to meet a real life cowboy or cowgirl, you may find them here having a drink at the bar. The food is fresh, they're open late, they deliver and it’s fun. What more could you ask for?

 
On my recent visit, I stopped by with my friend to fuel up before a night of drinking. We started off the meal with the Crab Stuffed Endives, made of fresh Belgian endives stuffed with lump crab meat, corn, cilantro, and chipotle aioli. I don't like cocktail shrimp and I drink my water room temperature which basically means I don't really like cold food, but despite that, I actually liked this. Instead of just saturating the crab with mayonnaise like so many do, they did it right and along with the corn and the chipotle it created a nice tasting dish. It was surprisingly spicier than I was expecting it to be, but that’s a good thing.

 
For my entree, I decided to get the Half-rack of Barbecue Baby Back Pork Rib Treat. They also have a dinner portion that comes with rice or spinach as a low carb substitute but I wanted to make sure I had room for dessert so I got the app instead. The ribs came with coleslaw which was very good. I tend to not be a fan of coleslaw since most people douse the cabbage in mayo and sugar but this was not like that and tasted very fresh. My complaint is that the portion size is so small. The ribs were less than stellar. They were cooked well and tender but the flavor left something to be desire. I was expecting more than that and have had way better so I wouldn’t choose to order that again.

 
The friend that came with me had the Posse Club Burrito. If you ever wanted to know about good burritos, this one right here fits that description! The burrito was filled with steak, bacon, avocado, shredded manchego, cheddar, and Monterrey Jack cheese blend, lettuce, tomato, and chipotle aioli. If you were going to choose any one dish here, it would have to be the burrito; it's really that amazing!

 

I am so glad that I did not skip out on dessert. The Chocolate Chip Jumbo Cookie a la Mode is by far one of the best I have ever had! I know I said the burrito would the one dish to eat but if you were willing to forego food and just eat a dessert instead, this is the only thing you will ever have to eat here to keep coming back. I am drooling thinking about it now! I don't know how to describe it other than its soft, chewy, chocolaty and so mouthwatering good that you forget about life eating it. I felt like I was competing with my friend to see who can eat the most, the fastest.

 
As Benjamin Franklin put it, "lost time is never found again", so don't waste your time searching for someplace to eat, find yourself at the The Lost & Found Saloon.


The Lost & Found Saloon Restaurant
185 Northwest 36th Street Miami, FL 33127
(305) 576-1008
www.thelostandfoundsaloon-miami.com

The Lost & Found Saloon on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment