Monday, July 28, 2014

Sushi Maki - Coral Gables, FL

I wanted sushi for lunch and was headed to the restaurant across the street when I saw that this place which was jam packed so I made the quick switch to go here instead because if its packed, it has to be better.

The restaurant is fairly small and you can dine outside but unless I'm crazy I'm not doing that in the middle of the day in the Miami heat so dining in was the only option. We got lucky though and they found us a table in the back.

For starter we had the Sushi Taco Trio. It not the best quality fish, but for the prices you are paying (which is quite cheap), it is understandable. I quite enjoyed the tacos but sadly this was as good as it was going to get.

 
I then had a Red Dragon Reloaded Roll. It was alright, but I personally didn't really enjoy it. It had a strange tangy, sour taste that was throwing it off.
 
 
 My dining companion had the Pad Thai and Steak. The Pad Thai wasn't bad, but was not great either and it was just very odd that the steak tasted like liver and kind of look like it too.

 
We also tried the Char-Sui Roast Pork Ramen. The were some likeable elements, but really I would never get that again.

 
We finished the meal off with the  Banana Wontons. The bananas were over ripe and very soft. The wontons on the other hand were dry and a little difficult to bite into. It was a bit of a disastrous dessert.
 
 
Service was okay, a bit slow at times. Prices are great, but I am not really willing to compromise quality for a good price.


Sushi Maki
2334 Ponce De Leon Boulevard, Coral Gables, FL 33134
(305) 443-1884
www.sushimaki.com
Sushi Maki on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment