Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Smith & Wollensky Steakhouse - Miami Beach, FL


I very rarely visit a steakhouse, but I wanted to do something special for my man, and since we were spending the weekend in South Beach, I figured a dinner at Smith & Wollensky, right by the water, would be a very nice gesture on my part.

Although I planned about a week before to have dinner here, mostly because of the ambiance; on the actualy night of out dinner it was really windy and regardless of all the planning, we ended up dining inside. Without the outside setting, Smith & Wollensky just wasn't very impressive and since we were seated in a small dining room, in a corner next to were they put the plates to serve and to clean, let's just say the ambiance wasn't for me.


This was Thanksgiving night and we already had a big lunch, so neither one of us was too hungry. Although it stopped us from ordering appitizers, it didn't stop us from ordering drinks. It's very cliche, but m drink of choice was a South Beach Mojito. It was a great cocktail, but I was disappointed in the size and the South Beach price.


Again, it was Thanksgiving, so service was a little slow and granted the restaurant was packed. They offered us the special menu, but I was not looking for a fluffed overpriced meal of turkey and stuffing and requested the regular menu. I ate theCoriander Seared Tuna, because it came with a jalapeno-lime sauce. Don't know why I said medum when I should have said rare so I was sad when it came and it was almost completely cooked (beyond medium). It was decent (could have been better had it been rare), but it I felt flavor wise it need a little something and I am not a fan of the thick cut.


My man, went for the Filet & Jumbo Stuffed Shrimp. He said the steak was good, but this is some high priced steak and at those prices, I was expecting a more excited reaction. The jumbo shrimp with lump crab meat was off the chain though (or so I thought).


Even though I dissed the Thanksgiving menu earlier on in the evening, I really wanted the Pecan Pie and our waiter made sure to accommodate our request. I loved it, but I am also obsessed with this dessert in general and try to get it any chance I can.


The food was enjoyable, but nothing worth seeking out and if it was only about the food, I would never go back there, but, in Miami Beach, Smith & Wollensky has an ideal location and it will always be a little enticing to stop in for a meal or even just for drinks.


Smith & Wollensky Steakhouse
1 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139
(305) 673-2800
www.smithandwollensky.com
Smith & Wollensky on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment