Monday, November 25, 2013

Yuca Restaurant - Miami Beach, FL


A quick lunch with friends turned into a random stop at Yuca Restaurant. I had heard of the restaurant prior to this but never eaten here and when we walked past and no one was really eating there, we were hesitant to go inside but we were starved and decided to take the risk.

Based on first impressions this is a tourist restaurant in the tourist district where they have employees outside trying to usher you in. We got caught in the trap, but fortunately the food wasn't bad. I ordered a Mojito that I thought was good. I have had plenty duds and this one stood out.


Despite all the tasty sounding Cuban food choices, I had a Tuna Tataki Salad. I found it to be light and refreshing.


My friend also ordered a salad, the Warm Goat Cheese Salad. She is a huge goat cheese lover so she really enjoyed it.


The only disappointment that afternoon was the Frita Cubana Burger. It lacked pizazz and the meat was lost inside the bun.


The food wasn't exceptional but I also did not try any of their Cuban/Latin dishes. I did like the ambiance which was modern-esque yet bright and inviting. Service could have been a bit friendlier but this is Miami Beach. I probably would never go back but they shouldn't be counted out if you are hanging out at Lincoln Road Mall and looking for a quick lunch.


Yuca Restaurant
501 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach, FL 33139
(305) 532-9822
www.yuca.com
Yuca on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment