Thursday, November 7, 2013

Cafe Roma - Metairie, LA


I have not been having the best couple of days and basically been in bed not feel too well. Sick or not, I wanted food and I did not want to have to go past my door to get it. Delivery choices are basically limited to pizza or Chinese and I did not want either. I did a search and came up with very limited delivery options to my area and although the reviews for Cafe Roma were not the best, I was lacking the motivation to try and find something better so I made the call.

The ordering process went smoothly. I was quoted a 35 minutes wait time and though I wasn't counting, I was happy with the actual delivery time. 

Service was good, the food, not so much. I ordered the Shrimp Pasta because it was one of the three items that had a picture and though you could tell in the pic that this was not going to be a quality pasta dish (I could see the small, low quality shrimp), it really didn't look that bad. I was expecting a rich creamy sauce but what I got was pasta swimming in cream with very little flavor. It was a good size portion so you could eat it twice, but would you really want to?


I was excited when I saw that the pasta came with Garlic Bread and a salad included in the price. I upgraded my salad to a Greek Salad. It had all the right ingredients for a delicious Greek Salad, but the ingredients just weren't as fresh as they should have been and I only ended up eating about half of it. The Garlic Bread was a joke. It was some stale slices of cheese pizza with a little bit of garlic flavoring.


I don't know what I was thinking (greed, sickness, sugar addiction), but I went ahead and ordered dessert, the Turtle Cheesecake to be exact. It tasted like a pre-made refrigerator dessert so I didn't like it.


So obviously I didn't find the food to be all that great and thinking about it now, I ordered a can of Sprite and I got a Barq's Root Beer instead and that pissed me off (not really, I don't like root beer but drank it anyway). I am still sitting here wondering why I decided to order from there.


Cafe Roma
1101 N Causeway Blvd, Metairie, LA 70001
(504) 833-7662
www.caferomametairie.com
Cafe Roma on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment