Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Katie's Restaurant & Bar - Mid-City - New Orleans, LA



Katie's Restaurant & Bar is a cute neighborhood restaurant. The atmosphere was nice. Prices were reasonable. The staff needs to work on being friendlier and more efficient though. It is one of the restaurants that have been featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dive and the Food Network so it catches your attention but after eating here, I got the, its more hype than anything else feeling.


We started off with an appetizer of Onion Rings. Its odd I know, but that was because my dining companion decided to change his order and they said it was too late (even though it really wasn't) and our server brought it out before out food (further proving they could have changed the fries to onion rings). I didn't like them, my friend thought they were good. I didn't like them because they were baked and didn't a nice crunchy/crispy outer coating. He liked them because he said they were not greasy. 


From reading about their restaurant, I gathered that their handmade pizzas are what got them popularity. I must be in the minority though, because I didn't like it. We ordered The Terranova (Italian sausage, pepperoni, red onion, black olives, green bell peppers, and marinara). The marinara was too sweet for me and the pizza that was suppose to be made fresh to order and then fired over a Brooklyn-style stone didn't taste like that. It took long to come out but arrive room temperature and lacking that nice, crispy crust. I did like that it was thin but the compliments stop there.


What stood out to me on the menu were Scottie's Cnn Blackberry & Jalapeno Ribs. This was the saving grace of the meal. The sauce was a bit sweet but was offset by the spicy. The sides were pretty basic, but the flavor of the ribs makes me overlook that. The fries were your typical fried potato stick and the potato salad had more egg than anything else. The ribs were definitely good, I will give Katie's that.




Katie's Restaurant & Bar 
3701 Iberville St, New Orleans, LA 70119
(504) 488-6582

www.katiesinmidcity.com
Katie's Restaurant & Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment