Friday, December 13, 2013

Jimmy'z Kitchen SoBe - Miami Beach, FL


Miami and my need for Mofongo go hand in hand. With no Mofongo option in New Orleans (at least that I know of), while in South Florida, I knew I had to have it.

To satisfy my need, I headed to Jimmy'z Kitchen in SoBe. There are three locations, though I have not been to them all. The South Beach location is very small and mostly caters to take-out although there a a few tables of dining. This location also has a small parking lot which is a huge plus.

Anyways, back to the Mofongo. They prepare it in as many ways you could think of, I of course had to have the Mixed Seafood Mofongo. The saffron broth was very tasty and I was very satisfied with the amount of seafood in the dish. The plantains were yum to the tum but could have been a little softer. Overall, it was delicious though.


The food at Jimmy'z Kitchen doesn't just stop at Mofongo and they do serve other Spanish dishes, like grilled skirt steak with chimichurri sauce served with black beans, rice, and plantains. I just had an amazing Churrasco and Chimichurri the day before, so it is hard to be objective, but it was on par with other typical takeout meals. The chimichurri was a little too tart and if it had been fresher, it would have made the meal so much better.


The issue with Jimmy'z Kitchen was the service. They seem to cater to take-out, so service for dine-in was very lackluster. We asked for water, but were given very small cups of hot water and when we asked for ice, were told that they didn't have any (where they do that at?). So, the water debacle was a turnoff and took them down a notch. I would only go for the Mofongo and next time, I would order for take-out.


Jimmy'z Kitchen
1542 Alton Rd, Miami Beach, FL 33139
(305) 534-8216
www.jimmyzkitchen.com
Jimmy'z Kitchen SoBe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment