Saturday, August 23, 2014

Visit Philadelphia: Geno's Steaks, Red Owl Tavern, Old City, Pat's Kingof Steaks and Mister Softee Ice Cream Food Truck

It's past midnight, I just got off my flight and I'm super tired, but I just arrived in Philly and no matter what I have to make a stop at Geno's on the way to the hotel.

It's all about the Philly Cheesesteak at Geno's, seriously, because the fries were not good.
 

I decided to get my Philly the local's way with wiz. It was good, but for me not great. The bread was rubbery.
 

I was so happy when I got to the hotel, not only because I was tired and now stuffed, but because the hotel (hotel Monaco) was the most beautiful I have ever stayed at. I have stayed at some nice hotels but this one fit my style so I was in love.
 

The next morning we had brunch at the hotel restaurant, Red Owl Tavern and Bar. I had a Hibiscus Fizz which was truly awesome for breakfast spirits.
 
 
I ate the BLT with Avocado that was so good. The avocado adds a necessary element that most BLT's lack.
 

My fiancĂ© has the Philly Cheesesteak but hated it. It seems like they combined the meat with the cheese and mixed them. I didn't mind it though.



After brunch, we explored the city a little bit.
 
 
We ended up at a street festival where I ate a Lobster Roll. It was 100% sweet lobster meat and so good. I love a soft bread sandwich.
 

I couldn't leave Philadelphia without trying the other best Philly spot, Pat's for comparison. I liked Pats a lot better. I found the bread and meat to be better. Pat's would be the winner for me.



 
The finale, ice cream and sprinkles from Mister Softee.



 
 

 
Geno's Steaks
1219 S 9th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
(215) 389-0659
Geno's Steaks on Urbanspoon
 
Red Owl Tavern
433 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19106(215) 923-2267
Red Owl Tavern on Urbanspoon
 
Pat's King of Steaks
1237 E Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19147
(215) 468-1546
Pat's King of Steaks on Urbanspoon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment