Saturday, August 16, 2014

Visit Baltimore: Faidley's Seafood, Inner Harbour and LP Steamers

My Baltimore trip felt like an episode of Anthony Bourdain's layover show. We landed, picked up our rental car, then headed straight to Lexington marketplace to Faidley's Seafood for some Crab cakes and beer.

 
It's a unique place and not the sort of place your would expect to find some meaty cakes (or maybe you would), but regardless the crab cakes were big and tasty.
 
 
Afterwards we headed to Inner Harbour where most of the attractions like the ships, museums and shops are located.

 
Truthfully that is not really my idea of fun, eating food is, so we left there and ended up at LP Steamers so I can continue by crab obsession and get some whole steamed crab.

 
While waiting we had some hush puppies.
 
 
I also had a couple of fresh clams.
 
 
I was sad there wasn't any female crabs, but I loved it anyways. I have always been a little turned off by the overly salty taste of old bay seasoning so I was pleasantly surprised and thoroughly impressed by their seasoning that incorporated a combination of spices (including sugar) that created an ever greater mix.

If Baltimore is great for anything its crab, crab and more crab!

 
Faidley's Seafood
203 N Paca St, Baltimore, MD 21201
(410) 727-4898
Faidley Seafood on Urbanspoon
 
LP Steamers
1100 E Fort Ave, Baltimore, MD 21230(410) 576-9294
L. P. Steamers on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment