Monday, August 25, 2014

People’s Bar-B-Que - Overtown - Miami, FL

I was really in the mood for some BBQ, but did not know where to go so I did a little Google searching for a place and found People’s Bar-B-Que with a lot of positive reviews. Good reviews and the fact that it was in the hood, I decided to go there because those things must mean that they had authentic BBQ.
 
The reviews I read were mostly great, but it definitely couldn't be because of the service (the girl at the counter couldn't get my order right and had attitude) or the atmosphere (plain and basic), it had to be because of the food.
 
After a bit of a wait, I finally got my food (ribs and chicken, however I ordered only ribs). It was pretty average BBQ, although the sauce would not be described as a typical BBQ sauce. The sauce had a surprisingly nice taste and flavor though. I was just a little annoyed eating the ribs because they were randomly chopped (not by each rib) and the sauce was excessive (I got some on my clothes). The sides were pretty decent.
 
 
Basically it was good but I doubt I would ever go back. The unique sauce made it interesting, but other than it was pretty standard.
 
 
People’s Bar-B-Que
360 NW 8th St, Miami, FL 33136
(305) 373-8080
People's Bar-B-Que on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment