Saturday, August 30, 2014

Visit Freeport, The Bahamas: Zorba's Greek Restaurant, Port Lucaya Marketplace and Billy Joe's On the Beach

A gang of us want to do something different and get out of town, so we took the ferry to Freeport. A lot of people complain about the ride, but I found it perfectly fine. I think its hard for people to understand that it's a ferry not a cruise ship and just a mode of transportation. Bottom line, if you want something fancy then pay the couple hundred more and get on one of the real cruise liners. I on the other hand love the low price I pay just to get there and back. I can't even make it to work and back for the entire week at the price.

Once you get there you a pretty much forced to take a taxi into the city. We got lucky and got a nice women who was accommodating to our requests and random stops. There are shops and other interesting thing to do, but we wanted food. She recommended Zorbas Greek Cuisine. Despite the name, they offer many Bahamian favorites and almost everyone in the restaurant was having Bahamian food and not Greek food. I decided to get the Fried Conch.
 

The Conch was good, but not as good as the Octopus appetizer (which is sadly not pictured). After lunch we headed to the beach.
 

A little dip in the water led to DRINKS. Entering the beach is a cool spot called Billy Joe's.
 
 
The have many food options, drinks, beers and some bomb Conch Salad.
 

Once I got some Conch Salad in me (and some drinks), my Bahamas trip was complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment