Monday, October 21, 2013

McHardy's Chicken & Fixin' - Seventh Ward - New Orleans, LA


I was trying to grab food at the Caribbean restaurant down the street but Mondays in New Orleans means your restaurant options are slim and I was denied my rice and peas. I knew McHardy's Chicken & Fixin' was right around so I headed there instead.


McHardy's offers take out service only, so there is no seating for dining in, just a couple of benches for customers to wait while there batch of chicken is being prepared.


The prices seem great at first but really in comparison, you get less (and smaller pieces) than the offering at similar restaurants that have higher prices so essentially it is ends up being almost the same thing value wise. Although, I will say I liked not being force to eat a large portion or eat food that isn't pumped with hormones for size.

This is chicken & fixin' so don't go expecting food that is extraordinary. I think the chicken could have used a little bit of seasoning/spice but I think what sets it apart is that it is cooked fresh for you. So, not only was it hot and fresh but thankfully not greasy or salty.


My opinion of the shrimp echoed the same sentiment, but I thought that the fries were only okay (they were soft with no crispy outer coating).


The woman at the counter was very nice, but this is get in and get out service anyways!



McHardy's Chicken & Fixin'

1458 N Broad St New Orleans, LA 70119
(504) 949-0000
www.facebook.com/pages/McHardys-Chicken-Fixin
McHardy's Chicken & Fixin' on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment