Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Brooklyn Pizzeria - Metairie, LA


This is New Orleans not New York which makes it a feat in itself to find good New York style pizza. Which brings me to this, Hello Brooklyn! 

Brooklyn Pizzeria is a family business run by a transplanted New Yorker (we are off to a good start). I didn't dine in, but the setup is reminiscent of a typical NY pizzeria - basic table and chairs, lots of pics on the wall, menu board behind the counter and a condiments counter. 

They sell pies (they are known as the "Home of the 20-inch pie"), along with sandwiches, pastas and desserts. I settled on two Slices (Pepperoni & Sausage). These slices are huge and by no means does one person have to order two, I just do greedy thing like that sometimes. I assume the slices come from their 20-inch pies.



I liked the pizza. The crust is thinner and crispier. The beauty of a crust like this, along with the large slices, meant that the pieces were begging to be folded when they were eaten, which I find actually enhances the taste. 
The sauce provided a good balance of sweet. The pepperoni was crispy, with a good amount of spice. 

It was very good, and I’d definitely recommend it. Also for such large slices, this pizza is a very good value.




Brooklyn Pizzeria
4301 Veterans Memorial Blvd Metairie, LA 70006
(504) 833-1288
www.eatbrooklyn.net
Brooklyn Pizzeria on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment