Saturday, October 12, 2013

Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium - New Orleans, LA


Chocolate + Butterflies = a visit by me. I wasn't that interested in ever visiting the Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium but once I heard about Chocolate Covered Insect Day, the foodie in me said I'm down!


I really wasn't that into the museum exhibits. I'm not 5 so....., however if you have elementary aged children it will be a delight. Anything over that, I think they may find it to be a real bore.


The exhibit I really wanted to see was the Butterfly Garden (love them so much, got it tatted on my back). It was small. I have been to Butterfly World in Florida so even though it is wrong to compare the two (they are on two totally different scales), I just couldn't help but do that. Again my age demographic is probably it what made it suck.


What I did revel in was the insect tasting. If you refuse to try it, trust me it really isn't bad at all. 


Dipped in chocolate and made into sweet treats, it tastes just like the chocolate. The Chocolate Chirp Cookies and Tarsal Toffee was downright delicious (and no I am not crazy)!



Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium
423 Canal St New Orleans, LA 70130
(504) 524-2847
www.auduboninstitute.org/visit/insectarium

No comments:

Post a Comment