Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Visit Dominican Republic


Being from Jamaica, when you take a trip to one of the other islands in the Caribbean in comes down to this, they are pretty much the same. Even with that being said, my trip to the Dominican Republic was still a fun one and I look forward to going back, maybe to the capital (Santo Domingo) and Punta Cana instead of the north-central (Santiago, Puerto Plata & Sosua) region of the island I visited this time.

Obviously, the Dominican Republic is rich in culture and a great destination for some good food so I was very excited for that. Unfortunately for me, I was staying at an all-inclusive resort that I paid for so I was going to get my money's worth was much as possible. Yes, I endured the buffet food and cheap drinks, but when I did get a chance to get out of the resort and get some real food and drinks, I was all for it.

Jamaica is a tiny island but still has so much to see. DR is probably 5 times the size of Jamaica so there even more to do and with me staying only 3 days there was way too little time to do much. I am all about experiencing everything a place has to offer but the beaches here are so beautiful that I decided to just take it easy and just kick back, relax and enjoyed the beauty of the island.

Welcome to DR!!! Continue after the cut to see pictures of my trip.




My boyfriend is from DR so the first thing we did was visit his family who made me food: La Bandera - beef, pork and rice with red beans (moro de habichuelas rojas). Yummy!!!
 
Donkies in the streets!
 
Just beautiful.
 
Bikes and motorbikes are a popular form of transportation.
 
Chillin' at the resort beach.
 
Sunset...
 
Sosua Beach
 
Veleros!
 
Amazing Views!
 
We took a little boat ride out on the water.
 
Glass Bottom Baby!!!
 
Clear blue waters...feeding the fish.
 
Presidente!
 
Relaxing and drinking coco loso...
 
...more drinking.
 
Unofficial Beach Vendor
 
No matter where you are in the world, you will always find a Jamaican. My people!!!
 
You know I could not leave without getting some Chicharron.
 
Boiled Banana & Yuca
 
I couldn't leave without taking something back home, so I adopted a turtle.
 
 
 
The Dominican Republic was an amazing experience. If you have not been, they you should go and if you do or have already been, tell you how your trip went, I would love to hear about it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment