Monday, August 27, 2012

Eat Good at Islands In the Pines - Pembroke Pines, FL


I have been eating at Islands In the Pines for years. Although I no longer live in the area, any chance I get I head over there to get my Caribbean food fix. They are the epitome of what a great Jamaican restaurant should be. Not only do they serve delicious lunch/dinner (Jerk Chicken, Oxtail, Gungo Peas Soup), they also serve scrumptious breakfast (Ackee & Saltfish, Mackeral Rundown). As great as the food is, they also dish up a dining experience. You can always order take out but it is a nice place to dine-in. As the restaurant is aptly named, you may physically be in the Pines, but dining here you will be cast away on a island adventure. With ambient reggae tunes playing in the background it sets the mood.

With the many food options it may be difficult to decide what to eat but I will tell you this whatever you choose will be an excellent choice. My personal favorite is the curry goat. Very spicy and extremely delicious!!! Their fresh lemonade is amazingly refreshing too. Prices are reasonable especially during lunch and best of all you get nuff (plenty) food.
 
Curry Goat with white rice, steamed veggies & plantain
 

This last time I went the food was a bit off from what i am used to expecting. The curry didn't have the level of spicy I am used to (they may have toned it down to better suit the general public) and it was a bit on the fatty side. I am definitely not saying it was bad, it just was not up to the level I have been spoiled to love but since it was still good and not bad by any means, I will let it slide this time. Truly, I have been here far too many times without issue to complain about one time.

To sum it up, Islands In the Pines is just that Islands In the Pines.
 
Brown Stew Chicken with rice & peas, steamed veggies & plantain
Oxtail with rice & peas, steamed veggies & plantain

 
 
Islands In the Pines
162 North University Drive Pembroke Pines, FL 33024
(954) 431-7600
isla10@islandsinthepines.com
www.islandsinthepines.com

Islands In The Pines on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment