Saturday, August 18, 2012

Brio Tuscan Grille - Pembroke Pines, FL


My boyfriend and I were doing some shopping at the Shops of Pembroke Gardens and instead of my typical choice of Cheesecake Factory or RA Sushi, I decide to try something different and check out Brio Tuscan Grille. Once inside, the hostess told us that it was happy hour at the bar which consisted of $3.95 Tuscan tasters and $5 cocktails. A glutton for food, a deal and the opportunity to try some small plates, I took her up on the offer.

The restaurant was huge. The decor consisted of the typical Tuscan scenery Ala Olive Gardens albeit nicer but in any case it was happy hour so we headed to the bar on the patio. Outside was a lot nicer. It had a spacious bar, a few high tables, and lounge type seating. It was not dark out yet, but I could imagine that at night with the right lighting how nice it could be.

For food, we decided to try a few of different things. One of the things we ordered was the Brio Burger. The was by far the best thing we ate. Very juicy and although very basic of a burger, the bun and cheese gave a nice taste to it. My next favorite was the Ravioli Caprese. Obviously not fresh made pasta but still it tasted good. The Sausage
& Pepperoni Flatbread was just too flat. It was overcooked, way to thin and just not right. The Crispy Shrimp Piccante was a huge disappointment. When the server warns you that a dish is very spicy you expect it to at least have a drop of spice. The spicy aioli it was suppose to be drizzled with was more like a few drops. The only flavor it had was overly salty.


The drinks selections were fine by me, but they were mostly if not all "girly" cocktail drinks that I could only envision a group of women enjoying for their after work hours. So, my boyfriend didn't order off the menu and got two Guinness instead. I did order from the menu and got a Sangria Rose and a Mango Mojito. Frankly, it's happy hour and only $5 so I was not expecting really strong drinks but they were both pretty good drinks.

Although the food had a few misses, I liked enough of the dishes, the drinks and especially the prices that I will definitely come back for happy hour or lunch or dinner.


Brio Tuscan Grille
14576 Southwest 5th Street Pembroke Pines, FL 33027
(954) 431-1341

www.brioitalian.com


Brio Tuscan Grille on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I took my husband there for his birthday last year. It was nice. We also had a few misses with our orders but I really think I need to give it another chance.

    ReplyDelete