Monday, March 26, 2012

Wine Review - Rucahue Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot (2011)


I went grocery shopping with the usual intent, to buy groceries, but I could not help myself and decide to pick up a bottle of wine. Since I wasn't expecting to buy anything, I decide to go cheap and find a $5 bottle. How does one narrow down the options, you buy the bottle with the label that looks the most appealing in that price range. Since the last bottle I had was from Chile and I liked it, I decided to revisit and picked up a bottle of Rucahue Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot. The wine was drinkable but was definitely not a favorite. It was not very complex and had an almost non existent finish.

The Rucahue Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot was no where close to being the worse wine I have ever had but it was no where close to being good either. There are a lot better choices in this price range.

No comments:

Post a Comment