Sunday, March 11, 2012

Giovanni's Coal Fire Pizza - Sunrise, FL



Giovanni's Coal Fire Pizza is located in the The Gateway at Sawgrass next to Ikea. I decided to stop in Giovanni's for lunch, because it is fairly close to home and frankly I am always down to try new pizza. As soon as you walk in, you realize you are not at your mama's neighborhood pizza joint. The place was pretty upscale. It has a modern feel while still holding true to the old school.



We went for a late lunch so the place was fairly packed but was winding down. Despite being busy, we were seated right away. I looked over the menu saw that they offered a bunch of affordable lunch special and when I looked over to some of the other tables, you could see many people were enjoying it. I on the other hand, decided to try the Asian Thai Chicken Pizza. Giovanni's does offer the traditional pizza options but me being me, I decided to try something a little more exotic. The Asian Thai Chicken Pizza was made with a peanut Thai ginger sauce instead of the traditional red sauce. The pizza was topped with marinated chicken, roasted red peppers, dusted peanuts & mozzarella cheese. It had a thin crisp crust, with a good balance of cheese and sauce. I enjoy the pizza, it was definitely something different than I ever had and I liked the slight sweet taste to it.




My boyfriend went the other route and decided to go traditional and got the Chicken Parmigiana. He said is tasted bland and didn't really enjoy it but for such a large portion, he couldn't really complain. I decided to try some of his pasta and I had to agree, nothing special, but it really wasn't bad either. It was just okay.

I liked Giovanni's. Although it may not have been the best pizza I ever ate, they did offer me something new and different and I liked it. I would definitely go back to watch a Heat game, have a glass of wine or just simply to have a quick lunch. My recommendation is to just stick to the pizza and and pass on the pasta.

They have another location in Parkland.


Giovanni's Coal Fire Pizza 
165 NW 136th Ave, Plantation, FL 33325
954.835.1499

Giovanni's Coal Fire Pizza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment