Sunday, March 30, 2014

Rice & Dough - Fort Lauderdale, FL

It started with a bottle of Flaco and it was on from there!


They were hosting a party that night, but luckily, they were able to find a table in the back; privacy was a definite plus in that.


I was intrigue by the restaurant because of the Japanese and Italian concept and I was curious to see how that would work. I made it work by ordering a roll as an appetizer. Can't remember what it was which means it wasn't that memorable, but it was good enough.


For my main, I switched to Italian and had the Lasagna which was quite good and might I add homemade. The layers merged together in a pleasant way.


However, the star of the night were the Kobe Meatballs which were truly delicious and super moist.


In the end, I am not sure how well the Japanese and Italian concept works, but it did get me in the door and although I wouldn't recommend the Japanese and I wouldn't come here looking for an authentic Italian experience; it is a chill spot for some food, wine and friends.


Rice & Dough
501 SE 2nd St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
(954) 530-6521
www.riceanddough.com
Rice & Dough Restaurant & Wine Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment