Thursday, January 16, 2014

Shake Shack - Boca Raton, FL (Nationwide)

All I ever hear about is how amazing Shake Shack is, yet I never tried it, so I did!

One of the reason I have never eaten here, is because finding parking to get to their South Beach location is dreadful, I am never in South Miami and I rarely go to Boca Raton. I never even knew that they had a location in Boca Raton, but I was driving past, spotted a cool looking building, realized it was Shake Shack and made the u-turn.


Looking over the menu, my eyes locked on the SmokeShack (Cheeseburger topped with all-natural applewood smoked bacon, chopped cherry pepper and ShackSauce). The main improvement I saw from other burger chains like this, was that they cook their burgers medium and not well done. It tasted fresh and all that jazz, but I found their shack sauce to be a bit too tangy and that kind of messed with the flavor for me (I am more about ingredients than sauces). Overall it was tasty and I enjoyed eating it.


The fries are the basic crinkle cut kind, but the crisp outer coating gave an improvement in taste from the regular, and I did enjoy them.


I also had a Vanilla Shake. A place with shake in its name, I expect to have better shakes, but this was quite average. Fresh ingredients shouldn't stop at the burgers; give me some vanilla bean with my shake.


My shack experience was good, but the accolades that they receive is a little questionable (at least for me). Is it the best I ever had? NO! Would I choose it over most (not all) other fast/casual burger joints? YES! Would I go again? Possibly, but it is not something worth going out of the way for.


Shake Shack
1400 Glades Rd Boca RatonFL 33431
(561) 923-0847
www.shakeshack.com
Shake Shack on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment