Monday, January 6, 2014

Aunt I's Jamaican Restaurant - Pembroke Pines, FL (Other Locations)


In the words of Nicki Minaj, where the f**k my curry chicken and my rice and peas? With those lovely thoughts in my mind, I headed to Aunt I's Jamaican Restaurant.

Unlike most Jamaican style restaurants, the food is not displayed and it seems like they are trying to be a real sit down restaurant, but everyone that I saw come in just did takeout anyways.

What I notice first about the food was that they quality of the rice was much better than most. The flavors of the food weren't impressive (it was typical/usual), but quality stood out. I didn't get the curry chicken, but I sure got the Jerk and Fried Chicken. The plantains looked ugly but tasted good.


The Oxtail is based on market price which means expensive, but I hoped that would indicate quality. Some places just give you scraps, fat, and bones and so my eyes lit up when I saw actual pieces of meat.


Stew peas is one of those dishes I would't try unless I know you, but I tried the one here and I liked it a lot. It was well prepared.


The food was great but what I liked most was the fact they offer combos and you can selected two meats (instead of the typical one) which is awesome for an indecisive person such as myself. I am always scared to try new Jamaican places, but now it might become my new go to spot.


Aunt I's Jamaican Restaurant
10111 Pines Blvd, Pembroke Pines, FL 33026
(954) 433-0223
www.auntis.net
Aunt I's Jamaican Restaurant on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this site, it is very informative for the business personals.Keep on continuing with this.Also visit my site Pembroke Pines Homes for sale Waterfront Homes for Sale Condos Rentals. BBR has all up dated homes for sale information from MLS.

    ReplyDelete