Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Restaurant Review: Martini 28 Restaurant & Lounge - Brickell/Downtown Miami, FL

Martini 28 is a small, intimate restaurant located in a small courtyard of shops called "The Village" in downtown Miami. Despite that, the restaurant stands out. I personally love the decor; black, white and acrylic furniture. The restaurant is known as a lunch spot, but has more recently opened its doors for dinner on Friday and Saturday nights. I stopped in for an early dinner at around 5pm on a Friday night. My boyfriend and I were the only outdoor diners, but there were a couple of people inside at the bar. Considering the place is so small, I'm glad we went when it wasn't packed; more room and better service. Service was quick and our courses were perfectly timed.

Hearing the name of the restaurant, I expecting to try one of their martini's but ironically liquor is not served here, just wine and beer, so I settled on a glass of their house red wine. For our appetizer, we had the Chicken with Yuca Huancaina. It was pretty good and I was satisfied with the choice. For entrees, we got the Lomo Saltado and Martini Mahi-Mahi & Fried Shrimp. For the Lomo Saltado to be considered their most popular dish, it was disappointing. The Martini Mahi-Mahi & Fried Shrimp on the other hand was amazing. I loved the tangy but sweet taste of the orange sauce and the tenderness of the fish. My only complaint was that when I heard shrimp, I thought shrimps and there was only one but it did taste good. As good as all the food was, the desert was even better. The Key Lime Cheesecake was to die for and I am not even a fan of key lime. The cheesecake was very light and melts in your mouth.

House Red Wine
Chicken with Yuca Huancaina
Lomo Saltado
Martini Mahi-Mahi & Fried Shrimp
Key Lime Cheesecake 


I thoroughly enjoyed Martini 28. The food was delicious, the service was great and the ambiance was my cup of tea. I will be back.


Martini 28 Restaurant & Lounge
146 Southeast 1st Avenue Miami, FL 33131
(305) 577-4414

www.facebook.com/M28restaurant

Martini 28 Restaurant & Lounge on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment