Friday, July 27, 2012

Big Easy Bar & Grille - Hollywood, FL


Downtown Hollywood is a pretty lively neighborhood full of many restaurants and bars, one of the which is Big Easy Bar and Grille. New Orleans is at the top of my list of places I haven't visited in the United States, so was very interested in dining here so that I could experience New Orleans style food and fun! I was having a relaxing Sunday at Arts Park with my boyfriend, and we were getting hungry, so we decided to head there to eat.
The restaurant was fairly big and decorated with decor that I would expect a typical Bourbon Street bar to look like. It helped set the mood and the vibe made you want to get in on the fun. As we entered the door, we were greeted warmly and seated. Our server came to the table and was just friendly. He was really nice, very helpful, recommend dishes and came back often to ensure that we were having a good time. The menu itself was not what I was expecting. They offer a variety of classic American dishes, a couple of completely unrelated dished that made no sense to be on the menu but very few Cajun dishes.

We started off our meal with the Buffalo Anchor Bar Chicken Wings (hot). The sauce had flavor beyond heat, so they were very good. I am a sucker for wings and spicy food so it was a win for me. My boyfriend ordered the 12oz NY Strip Steak. The steak itself was tender and pretty good but the mashed potatoes and the not so appetizing gravy were not. I wanted the Cajun experience so I ordered the Big Easy Jambalaya. It was huge. It consisted of shrimp, chicken & andouille sausage in a creole tomato sauce, over rice with a cornbread muffin on the side. The cornbread was very good. It was moist and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The Jambalaya arrive hot which is always a plus. I am not a huge fan of tomato based dished but I enjoyed this one a lot. It was not only very spicy and flavorful, but delicious. We also ordered two drinks, a Long Island and a Mojito. The Long Island was decent but the Mojito was very watered down so I did not enjoy it at all.

Buffalo Anchor Bar Chicken Wings
12oz NY Strip Steak
Big Easy Jambalaya
Long Island Iced Tea
Mojito


I heard that they have live Jazz and Blues music most nights, but we unfortunately missed it. The band just started playing when we were heading out the door. Regardless, Big Easy Bar & Grille was a solid meal, so you are sure to have a good time when a band is playing.



Big Easy Bar
& Grille
1925 Hollywood Boulevard Hollywood, FL 33020
(954) 924-3006
www.thebigeasybarandgrille.com

The Big Easy Bar & Grille on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment