Friday, March 8, 2013

Buddha Sushi Bar - Upper East Side Miami, FL


I had heard a little buzz about a new sushi spot called Buddha Sushi Bar so I was really excited to be going to check them out. Although the location was a little hard to find and a little out of the way, after such an extraordinary experience here, I can tell you that it was a gem of a find.  


I had the pleasure of meeting the owner who was also responsible for making this such a fantastic meal. He was really nice and very enthusiastic about his business. He was very thoughtful in recommending dishes and checking in on us throughout the meal.

The restaurant is known for offering the floating boat concept. This just means that boats of sushi are placed on a floating river of water that winds through the restaurant and you have the option of letting what you don't want float by or grabbing the fresh sushi you do want. It is a very cool concept, but my boyfriend and I decided to just order off of the menu. 


The owner recommended we start with their Crispy Brussel Sprouts, but my boyfriend being picky and not liking anything, we decided to be safe and order the Shrimp Avocado Salad instead. Honestly, it wasn't special and I could have done with out the dish but the ingredients were fresh and the sauce/dressing was good so I am not really complaining. It just didn't stand out because of the delicious dishes that followed. 


The other dish he recommended was the Salmon Bola (Avocado, Crab, BBQ Cream, Salmon, Torch, Bonito Flake). It was fricken yummy! I highly recommend you try this! 


In addition to the two appetizers, we also ordered two rolls. The first one was the Big Mac (Spicy Tuna, Crab, Avocado, Cruchies, Eel sauce). It was exceptional! 


The Cleopatra Maki (Crispy Shrimp, Snow Crab, Masago and Soy Paper) topped the Big Mac and was out of this world! It was so deliciously good that I cannot even put into words! 


The flavor and combinations of ingredient they have come up with for their rolls is just so crazy good. The prices may be considered a little high, but these roll are ginormous and well exceed the price.


You can't go sushi with sake so enjoy a bottle of Tyku Sake with your meal too. 


In addition to the unbelievable food you will find here, you will also find a fantastic dining environment. The dim, green lighting sets the mood. You can sit by the boats, in the dining room or outside. Either way, know that the food here will make you not notice where you are sitting anyways. I recently moved from South Florida but whenever I am I town, I will definitely be back.




Buddha Sushi Bar
1071 NE 79th St #101 Miami, FL 33138 
(305) 677-3633

ezweborders.com/buddhasushibar

Buddha Sushi Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment