Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pho Orchid Vietnamese Restaurant - Metairie, LA

Having been in New Orleans for a few weeks now, I have come to realized that there is a huge Vietnamese population. This means that there are a ridiculous amount of Vietmanese restaurants and easy access for me to eat some good Pho. 

Apparently the best Pho is located on the West Bank, but that is just simply too far from me so I was very happy to discover Pho Orchid in my hood. 

It's a pretty fancy spot (big and open) with friendly staff so it was a real treat to dine in and have a nice hot bowl of Pho. 

I obviously came her for the Pho and it delivered. I had the Pho Tai Nam Bo Viem (noodle soup with Eye Round Steak, Briskets and Meatballs). The flavor was good, the ingredients were fresh and the meat and noodles were cooked just right. 


I enjoyed my meal and left feeling satisfied and I didn't even have to go deep into my pockets.


Pho Orchid
3117 Houma Blvd Metairie, LA 70006
(504) 457-4188
www.phoorchid.com
Phỏ Orchid on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. There is no such thing as the best pho. Pho is either good or it isn't. It's fish broth, that's it. And then they throw some basic ingredients in it.

    The Westbank's pho is no better than Pho Nola or Pho Orchid. But I will say the pho found in Midcity, the Garden District, and uptown are all bad. The worst Vietnamese restaurants in New Orleans are in those neighborhoods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for the info, now I know the areas to avoid.

    ReplyDelete