Friday, December 7, 2012

Revisit to Wild East Asian Bistro in Fort Lauderdale, FL


I enjoyed my first visit to Wild East Asian Bistro (you can view my previous review here) so why not go again and enjoy a nice dinner with family.

I have to say, our server this time was a bit friendlier but failed to tell us about the specials for the day. It was not until my boyfriend inquired if they had Kirin Ichiban that he let us know that it was among the $2 beer special that we didn't even know about in the first place. I wondered to myself, how would we know other than if you had told us about it? Regardless, my boyfriend ending up ordering the Kirin Ichiban and with the recommendation of the server a Tiger Beer. My sister and I had each had a glass of their house red which was decent but the price point didn't match. Everyone else had water (you really can't mess that up).




I have the desire to want to try everything, so I convinced everyone to just order off the $6 small plates menu so we can try a bunch of different things.

The Tuna Sashimi was excellent. It was fresh, beautifully colored, tender and along with the sauce had good flavor.




The Tempura Salmon Rolls were delish but so much better the last time. I cannot pinpoint what was lacking this time other than to say it just wasn't the same.



The Chicken and Veggie Gyoza were about as good as to be expected.



I wasn't a fan of the Baby Shrimp Cup. The shell was nice and crunchy but I didn't really enjoy the sauce on top.



The Crab Stuffed Wontons were good. 




I was a bit scared that the Curry Chicken Wings were going to be too overpowered by the curry flavor, but it was actually my favorite of the night. The curry was subtle but gave it a nice flavor and of course, the wings were fresh and crispy delicious.



We ordered the regular portion of the Bistro Fried Rice, but it was basically the same size as the small plate version. It was good but price wise was not worth paying the extra for, I would just order two of the small ones if necessary.



Like my first visit, the food came out quickly and not only that, was still really solid, good tasting food. It may not be a fancy place but it is a great establishment that I am fond of.


Wildeast Asian Bistro

1200 East Las Olas Boulevard Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
(954) 828-1888

www.wildeastbistro.com

Wild East Asian Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment