Sunday, December 30, 2012

Destination Grand Lux Cafe: B.B.Q. Pork Sliders & Green Chile-Cheese Cornbread

I have a need to go small (for the sake of having variety) but still have the need to go big, so I combined two complimentary small plates; the BBQ Pork Sliders and the Green Chile-Cheese Cornbread for what I thought would be a great meal. A little taste of the South if you will. 

I thought ooh-wee when I first laid my eyes on the BBQ Pork Sliders but taste wise, it just was not for me. The BBQ sauce was too sweet and I for one like my sauce cooked into the meat and not just slathered on top like this was. You don't get to savor the taste of the meat when it is done like this and frankly the pulled pork didn't have much of the smoked flavor I was expecting. The meat was relatively tender, the bun was lightly toasted and the coleslaw added a nice touch, it just fell short for me. 


The skillet corn bread wasn't a hit either. It was too thin and although the texture was nice and it wasn't dry, for it to be advertised as Green Chile-Cheese Cornbread not just regular cornbread, I was expecting a more pungent taste of the chili and I couldn't exactly taste it. I was expecting it to be special and it wasn't.



No comments:

Post a Comment