Monday, September 24, 2012

The Cheesecake Factory - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I like discovering new places but one of the few chain restaurants I actually like going to is The Cheesecake Factory. If you think of chain restaurants a few probably pop up in your mind, but Cheesecake Factory is at the pinnacle in this genre of restaurants. Once you step inside The Cheesecake Factory, you almost forget that this is a chain. The feel of the restaurant is similar to that of a fine dining establish but is obviously at an affordable price. What I love most about The Cheesecake Factory is the staff. If you have even been and I am pretty sure you have, Cheesecake Factory has this huge book that they call a menu. No matter what location I have been to, I swear all the servers know the menu inside and out, and if you can study and remember their menu, you earn my respect. Everyone, from the hosts to the servers, is upbeat and friendly.


One of the perks of The Cheesecake Factory is the complimentary bread. You are usually given a sourdough loaf and a wheat loaf. I am not a fan of the sourdough and usually requested just wheat bread. The wheat bread is not what you would typical expect wheat bread to taste like. It is really good when it is fresh out of the oven.


My favorite dish at Cheesecake Factory is the Jambalaya Pasta. I'm a spicy addict, so I usually at lots of crushed red pepper to it but even without that, it is delicious. My other favorite is the Grilled Shrimp and Bacon Club. This sandwich is good as you know what, but it is also one of the more fattening things on their menu, so whenever I get it I usually only eat half and share, but trust me it is really really good. Another one of my staples is the Strawberry Lemonade. It is definitely good but can be a little too sweet at times. They also have really good cocktails here so while most people come for the cheesecake and the food, you really have to consider trying one of their cocktails.

 
I wanted to try something new and a little bit healthier, so I decided to get the Ahi Tartare. Although it was among the small plates, considering the large portions at Cheesecake Factory, I thought it would be bigger. It was pretty small but very good. The tuna and avocado were fresh and the Soy-Ginger Sesame Sauce was the perfect complement to the tartare. My only complaint was that I wish it came with more tortilla chips.

 
I was trying to be conservative with my calories this time, but I do recommend the Godiva Chocolate, Oreo Extreme and the Adams Peanut Butter Cup cheesecakes. I am a chocolate and sweets addictive so if you are not into that, these choices are definitely not for you.

I am pretty sure everyone has been to a Cheesecake Factory at some point in their life, so my only suggestion would be to experiment. Their menu is so extensive that you should try to taste something new every time.



The Cheesecake Factory
600 East Las Olas Boulevard Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
(954) 463-1999
www.thecheesecakefactory.com
Find a Location Near You

The Cheesecake Factory on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment