Monday, September 10, 2012

Revisit to Dapur Asian Tapas & Lounge - Fort Lauderdale, FL

 
I have been to Dapur Asian Tapas & Lounge a few times and it is in fact one of my favorite restaurants in Fort Lauderdale (more so for the atmosphere than the food). I have already reviewed this restaurant so you check out my preview post about Dapur here.

Well, I had it in my head that I really wanted to have a drink and since parking is such an ease (they have free valet parking) and their happy hour is awesome (good music and delicious handicraft cocktails), I was not going to look any further than Dapur. The dining area is separate from the lounge, so we headed into the dinner area to grab some eats before having a couple of drinks. They do happy hour tapas but I like eating at a table and they only have bar style seating in the lounge. We weren't all that hungry so we ordered the Spicy Tuna Tartar, Royal Tuna Roll and Fried Rice (doesn't exactly complete a meal but my boyfriend really wanted it).

The Spicy Tuna Tartar was so good. To sum it up it was spicy, flavorful and fresh. The crispy rice was crispy but not crunchy and I loved that. The tuna was just tasty.


 
The Royal Tuna Roll was good also. It is made with Hamachi, tempura jalapeño and cilantro with tuna and wahoo on top. Again, the fish tasted fresh and the rice was perfectly cooked. There are no negatives or complaints; this just did not wow my taste buds. It was very light and I like my food strong and packed full of flavor.
 

The fried rice was okay. It has a nice flavor (I would say it is similar to Thai fried rice). The rice was just a little too wet for me.
 
 
After eating and while paying our tab, we start talking to our waiter. We tell him that we going to go to the bar to have a drink before we leave and he kindly gives us two free drink cards. We pay for our meal and head on over to the Lounge on the other side. I end up ordering 2 Tangerine Mojitos (I was going to have one but since we got one free I felt I had to have two) and my boyfriend (who refuses to try new things) had 2 Long Islands. A long island is a typical drink you can get anywhere but I have to say that Dapur makes some great drinks. Their specialty cocktails are even better. My Tangerine Mojitos were magnificent and frankly you can't say much more than that.
 

So far so good! Until we meet again!



Dapur Asian Tapas & Lounge
1620 N Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33305
(954) 306-2663

Dapur Asian Tapas & Lounge on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment