Friday, June 1, 2012

Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles - Los Angeles (Hollywood), CA

I have been to Europe, the Caribbean and even the west coast, but never to Los Angeles. Well, I finally made my first trip to L.A. and I had a such a great time. When I think of L.A., I think of Hollywood; the sign, the Walk of Fame and Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles. I tried to resist the lure of Roscoe's but just could not resist. Okay let me be honest, I already knew I had to come here once I decided to come to L.A. I have actually gone to restaurants that served chicken and waffles, but forbade myself from trying it, knowing I had to have the original first.

I was so excited when we pulled up to Roscoe's. Although the decor does not match my modern sense of style, it matched the theme of the restaurant. The decor make you know that although you are in L.A., what you're about to experience is a down home country meal. The restaurant was clean and the staff was friendly, obviously used to all the tourist the flock here. In fact, while we are dining, a group of elderly women came in, making their pit stop on their guided tour. 

I ordered the Obama Special (aka Country Boy), which consists of wings and waffles. Although there are plenty of other choice, for me no there was no other option. Wings, waffles, hot sauce & syrup; the right balance of savory, spicy and sweet, I wanted to eat more. The waffles were amazing; fluffy like pancakes (I despise crunchy waffles) and the fried chicken was probably the best I have ever had. Although I grew up in Florida and it is as south as you can get geographically, it does not really count as "The South" so I must admit that I have not had much experience with southern/soul food but regardless my taste buds know a good fried chicken and it was good.

My conclusion, Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles is definitely a reason alone for me to come back to L.A.


Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles
1514 North Gower Street Los Angeles, CA 90028
323-466-7453

www.roscoeschickenandwaffles.com
Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment