Monday, June 25, 2012

Restaurant Review: PL8 Kitchen - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I wanted to take my mother, sister and basically the rest of my family somewhere for Mother's Day so I made reservations to PL8 for a late lunch (around 2pm) although I have never been here. When we finally arrive there, the place was fairly empty but because we had a large group it was fine with me, more space. Based on the setup of the restaurant, you can tell its more of a bar vibe with a lot of small tables and a menu of small plates, so I  am assuming they get more packed later on in the evening. They also have a bit of outdoor seating, which is perfect to people watch and kick back a few drinks amongst the bar crowd of Fort Lauderdale.

On to the best part, the food. The food was really good. What I liked so much about the food was the originality of the combinations and how well put together everything was; how somewhat varied ingredients complimented each other so well. The Skillet Baked Chicken Wings, made with a chipotle-agave sauce, were really good; had a nice flavor. I really liked the Mini Crispy Chicken Sandwich. Watermelon and fried chicken, who would have thought of that? My favorite had to be the Shrimp Bruschetta, I just really enjoyed it; tasty and filling. We also ordered two of their brick oven pizzas. The spicy sausage pizza was alright. I wasn't too big of a fan, but mostly because it was pretty typical but I did really liked the El Caribe Pizza. The pizza was made up of guava, prosciutto, brie and watermelon, OMG!!! We also had the Peanut Butter & Jelly cupcake and that was really good too.

Skillet Baked Chicken Wings
Mini Crispy Chicken Sandwich
Shrimp Bruschetta
Spicy Sausage Pizza
El Caribe Pizza

Not only did I love the food, but I also have to commend the service. The waitress was very helpful. She explained the dishes and when we had one little issue, she rectified with right away. The food was timed perfectly and not brought out all at once which is great with small plates.
All is all, my experience at PL8 was great. Food, service, atmosphere, nothing to complain about here. I will definitely be back to enjoy drinks soon.
 
 
PL8 Kitchen
210 SW 2nd St
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
(954) 524-1818
PL8 Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment